In October 2012, Switzerland and Sweden launched the industrial R&D partnering program Swiss-Swedish Innovation Initiative (SWII). The objective is to increase number of industrial R&D partnerships and the number of joint R&D projects between our countries. Results with SWII since 2013 are: 33 R&D consortia & projects to a value of 38 million Euros. Altogether, projects include 113 Swiss and Swedish project partners, there among 53 SME companies.
The next industrial R&D partnering program focuses on Additive Manufacturing. Among our industrial partners, who are interested in R&D partnering, you can find Swiss and Swedish MNE:s, like RUAG, Saab, Sandvik, MAN and Höganäs, as well as the most technology intensive SMEs, like Exmet, ABCD Technologies, 3D Metprint and Swissto 12, and academia partners like ETH Zurich and EPFL.
Project funding is available via Eureka and Eurostars, www.eurekanetwork.org
Following sub topics within Additive Manufacturing are prioritised:
1. Metal powder development for additive manufacturing
- Powder manufacturing alloys, materials characterization, standardization
2. Pre-process, process and post process development
- Design and tooling, tailored microstructures, process/quality control, post processing
3. Geometry and design optimization
- Density, structure and surface texture, design methods including rules, standards, software support, sustainable design, and software design for integration into current production lines
WHEN: 28 September, 2017
WHERE: EPFL Microcity, Rue de la Maladiere 71b, Neuchâtel, Switzerland
For more information, please contact
+43 699 123 515 30
+43 664 23515 23